1. Informing all employees included in mystery shopping about the conduction and that their services may be measured from time to time, as well as informing them about:
- the purpose and goals of mystery shopping
- how results will be used.
It is not necessary to inform employees about the specific time of MS conduction.
2. Confirming that the only purpose of mystery shopping is improvement of customer service provided by its employees with the goal of continuous customer service improvement.
3. Committing that information gained with mystery shopping should not be misused for:
- laying off employees or conducting disciplinary measures
- creating false demand on market
- unfair competition.
4. Establishing appropriate procedures in the company in order to ensure that employees don’t disturb mystery shoppers and that they are familiar with the fact that “searching for a mystery shopper” isn’t acceptable because it can cause inconveniences to regular customers.
1. Introducing mystery shopping guidelines to a client
2. Preparing mystery shopping questionnaire
Questionnaire should be based on objective questions and directed to collecting facts. Schedule of questions should follow regular procedure of customer-employee interaction. Subjective estimates can be used from time to time in order to understand the results better but client should be additionally informed about that.
3. Preparing mystery shopping scenario
Scenario should be realistic what means that it should reflect the behaviour of usual shoppers. It should also be reliable, ethical, practical, safe for mystery shoppers and objective.
4. Educating mystery shoppers – in general and for each project individually.
5. Conducting mystery shopping as agreed with client and ensuring its appropriate duration.
Duration of mystery shopping should reflect usual transaction at the market. Precise duration time depends on the industry and local practice. In case of conducting mystery shopping at competitors’ spot of sales duration should be reasonable but as short as possible in order not to disturb regular work and should not be conducted often.
6. Appropriate reporting to client
Identity of the employee should be exposed only when employees were previously informed about MS conduction and if it is in accordance with the laws of the country. In case of conducting MS at competitors’ spot of sales, identity of the employees must not be exposed.
7. Together with the client ensuring that information in reports are safe and confidential
MS agency and client should agree on where information and reports would be saved and how they would be destroyed.
Ovaj post je dostupan i na: Croatian